Connection issues are always frustrating, especially when they interrupt your time out on the course. The following FAQ will provide an overview of connection in Golf Clash and some top tips on how to stay connected.
Golf Clash is not like most app and games, as the game needs to check for connection regularly to ensure shot accuracy. This is why you may see a connection issue in Golf Clash even though you are still streaming your favourite TV show. This is because services such as Netflix and YouTube can pre-load or buffer content, so when your network does drop for a few seconds, your experiencing is not impacted.
Golf Clash also requires you to remain in the app at all times. Switching between apps or closing the Golf Clash app during a game will prevent the game from contacting our servers and will cause you to lose connection.
Common Causes of Connection Issues
Mobile networks both Wi-Fi and 4G/5G are more prone to disruption and below are some of the common causes of connection drops:
If you have a lot of devices connected to your network then this can impact overall network performance. Devices and services that stream or download content will use up your network bandwidth and devices such as mobile phones may be impacted. This is why having full Wi-Fi bars is not always enough to guarantee a strong and stable connection.
Internet Service Provider (ISP)
Just like your home network, your internet provider can also become overburdened. You may notice that connection issues or speeds are more common at certain times of the day. It is common for networks to experience these performance issues at 5-6pm and 8-10pm when more people are at home streaming content.
Some devices can go into power saving mode when they are running low on battery. These modes will often throttle performance to save power and can be the cause of lag and even network instability.
Some devices will run background activity throughout the day which may involve back-ups of data or updating apps. For example, if you have apps set to automatically download over Wi-Fi, then your device may be downloading updates in the background. This can then impact your network performance.
How to Prevent Disconnections.
Following the below tips can help to reduce disconnections and improve performance:
- Ensure that you are running the official Golf Clash app, downloaded the the official app store.
- Make sure that you are not leaving or closing the Golf Clash app at any point during your match.
- Ensure that your device is up to date with the latest software and firmware.
- Try to player over w Wi-Fi connection when possible.
- Regularly restart your network router.
- Avoid playing over a VPN connection when possible.
- Try to ensure that all background apps and services are closed or paused on your device.
- Disconnect or power off any devices that are using your home network.
- Try to avoid playing when multiple users are streaming or downloading content on your network.
- Make sure that your connection is fully operational by running tests at http://www.speedtest.net/.
How do Playdemic Monitor Issue?
Our goal is to ensure that connection issues do not impact the experience of golfers and we will do everything we can to ensure that this is the case. We regularly review connection reports and monitor server performance to ensure that our servers are operating at optimal performance.
What Should I do if I Experience a Connection Issue?
We know that sometimes connection issues are unavoidable and our team will always do everything they can to ensure that you can get back out onto the course and start swinging again. If you do experience an connection issue whilst playing, please use our in-game support option to contact our team. Please try to provide as much of the following information as possible:
- A description of the issue you experienced.
- The name of your opponent.
- Please also add any replays from the match to your favorites.
We will always work to return any items lost as a result of a disconnection. Please note that there are limits in place to this to prevent exploitations of our services.